Here’s my theory:
- They care about justice and the rights of the individual, and show their support by turning up
- They want to hear what their colleagues are seeing around the country, to be right on top of developments
- They want to work together to shape policy for the benefit of their clients, to make a difference
- They like to be inspired by those fighting the good fight, to remember why they do what they do
- Because occ asionally they like to have fun and relax.
My highlights were:
- the civil justice award
- the presentation on the topic “Do lawyers have rights?”
- Tom Ballantyne’s comprehensive presentation on the NDIS
- being part of the Disability Insurance Special Interest Group panel
- Emily and Nick’s presentation “The year that’s been in law reform”.
Thanks to the Australian Lawyers Alliance for a fantastic national conference 2015.